Recommended guide books
Walking guide books are great way to find the very best walks in Ireland which have been hand-picked by local experts. Recommended guide books for the Wicklow 700s Challenge are listed below. These describe various ascents, descents and inter-summit link routes.
Ireland is covered by a good selection of quality maps produced by a variety of publishers. The most useful maps for walkers range in scale from 1:25,000 to 1:50,000. For the Wicklow 700s Challenge, the recommended titles are listed below.
- EastWest Mapping 1:25,000 - Lugnaquilla & Glendalough
- EastWest Mapping 1:30,000 - The Dublin & North Wicklow Mountains
- EastWest Mapping 1:30,000 - Wicklow East
- EastWest Mapping 1:30,000 - Wicklow Mountains West
- Harvey Superwalker 1:30,000 - Wicklow Mountains
- Ordnance Survey Ireland 1:25,000 Adventure Series - Wicklow Central
- Ordnance Survey Ireland 1:25,000 Adventure Series - Wicklow North
- Ordnance Survey Ireland 1:50,000 Discovery Series - Sheet 56
If you require accommodation, food and drink, or other local facilities while undertaking the Wicklow 700s Challenge, we recommend you check out what's available in the following nearby destinations.